Creating a Theme Party with Stuffed Animals can be fun for kids and adults alike as there are so many things you can do with this idea.
It can be fairly modest like where I once had a summer outdoor BBQ for adults in my garden. In this situation I placed two small gorilla’s on the table as centerpieces. On selected chairs, I placed several large realistic-looking stuffed animals, all gorillas.
Although there were only adults at my BBQ they were the center of conversation and many people had their pictures taken with them. This type of party has also been used for mom-to-be shower parties as well.
Stuffed Animal Party Ideas
Creating a theme party with stuffed animals can be a fun and unique way to celebrate a birthday or special event. Here are some tips to help you get started:
1. Choose a stuffed animal that will be the star of the show. This can be a favorite toy or a new one that fits the party theme.
2. Plan activities around the stuffed animal theme. For example, have a scavenger hunt for hidden stuffed animals, or create an obstacle course for the guests to navigate.
3. Use stuffed animals as decoration. Hang them from the ceiling, put them on the table as centerpieces, or use them to make walls or barriers.
4. Serve food that fits the theme. For example, make animal crackers or cookies, or serve fruit and vegetables that look like animals.
5. Have fun! A stuffed animal party should be a time for laughter and memories. Enjoy every minute of it!
Kid’s Birthday using Plush Animals
With kid’s birthday parties you can take the theme a little further with giveaways, vegetation, and food including the birthday cake. You can go further with the theme if you wish with special plates and details on the invitations. Depending on the attendees you can even structure games around the animals.
However, what makes this type of party work is the realistic stuffed animals you will be using. Some of these life-like stuffed animals are huge, most likely larger than the kids themselves. Some brands pride themselves on creating individual stuffed animals, each with its own personality. Major brands of life-like stuffed animals include Hansa, Melissa and Doug.
Theme Ideas using Stuffed Animals
There are lots of theme ideas using stuffed animals, here are a few:
- Jungle animals with gorillas, giraffes, zebra, elephants, and lions. These are all available in large sizes and look real at a quick glance. The giraffe is one of the most popular animals available.
- Sea animals such as sharks, dolphins, crocodiles, otters, and the lovable penguin
- North American animals including deer, buffalo, turtles, and rabbits
- Easter, yes there are lots of realistic-looking rabbits and chickens
- Halloween theme with scary animals such as bats
- Dog theme as almost every breed has a stuffed animal version and they make great giveaways as well, cats are available too
- Farm animal theme with cows, sheep, chickens, and of course ponies.
- Zoo theme at your own home using any of the life-like animals listed above
There are even ride-on versions of some of these stuffed animals including ponies which can add a fun activity at the party. You know that the kids have always wanted to ride a pony so this is their chance.
To obtain some plush animals to get started, click here.
Using Plush Animals at Your Next Party
So for you, next special event why not consider the unique and fun idea of using realistic stuffed animals?
I recently read about someone who suggested stuffed animals for mom-to-be shower parties. That is a great idea and yet they can also be used for kid’s birthday parties, Easter, Halloween, and other special events.
I once had a summer outdoor BBQ for adults in my garden. In this situation I placed two small gorilla’s on the table as centerpieces. On selected chairs, I placed several large realistic-looking stuffed animals, all gorillas.
Although there were only adults at my BBQ they were the center of conversation and many people had their pictures taken with them.
However you can use realistic stuffed animals which only adds to the fun and you can have all sorts of themes, for example:
• jungle animals (stuffed giraffes, zebra, elephant, monkey, etc.)
• farm animals (of course cows, sheep, and even a large realistic pony for the girl who has always wanted one and you can’t afford the real thing)
• North American animals (for example deer, turtles, and buffalo)
• Zoo (all kinds of animals in this category)
• Water animals (sharks, crocodiles)
• Halloween ( go for scary animals such as bats)
• Dogs (these are popular and many breeds are available)
You can go further with the theme if you wish with special plates and details on the invitations. Depending on the attendees you can even structure games around the animals.
Click here for more information on realistic stuffed animals.
So for your next special event why not consider this unique and fun idea?